About

Monday, December 31, 2012

This year.


Today we are enjoying the last day of 2012. It has been a good year. This year gave us our Tobias, who has knit our family together is such a beautiful and natural way. His smile is contagious and as he nears his 10 month mark, he is learning to love making people laugh.
This year we grew into our church family in an inseparable way. We have come to love these people we are doing life with and when I open my prayer journal at night, they are always at the height of my thanks to God. We are so rich in friends.
This year we had muddled sadnesses and death even, and it has taught me to trust in Him more. And I have learned that although He is not always fair, He is good and just and loving. 
This year we learned our family would grow again. And I have dealt with the overwhelming reality of a belly growing alongside a baby boy. I am in my 20th week of pregnancy now and I am thankful that God finds me such a capable mother. I'm not always so sure myself.
This year we have learned what a hard season of marriage feels like and we are ever learning how to love like the book of Corinthians tells us to. It really is the only way.
This has been a good year. I can only hope that 2013 will be the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment